Each week, on his 3 Dimensional Wealth YouTube channel, Doug Andrew offers answers to commonly asked questions. Lately he’s been fielding a number of questions about 457 plans. This plan is similar to a 401(k) or 403(b) but it is a non-qualified plan.
457 plans are generally made available to police officers, firefighters, school teachers and so forth. These plans have some similarities to the 401(k) that most people are familiar with but Doug says there’s an even better choice than all of these to save for retirement.
HERE’S A SNAPSHOT OF SOME OF THE TOPICS COVERED THIS WEEK:
- What is the difference between qualified and non-qualified plans? Learn which plans are subject to federal ERISA guidelines and which aren’t.
- Why do most people choose the government-sponsored plan when offered the choice? Doug explains how participating in a 457 plan is like deferred compensation.
- How does a 457 plan protect the money that’s being deferred? Doug reveals how the money deferred under these plans is protected from your creditors’ claims in the case of bankruptcy, etc.
- What are the disadvantages of the 457 plan? Doug shares how getting a tax break on your seed money isn’t as important as getting one on your harvest money.
- Why is the expectation of being in a lower tax bracket at retirement an illusion? Learn how a shocking number of people find themselves with fewer deductions and paying more taxes when they reach retirement.
- How is putting your savings into a tax-deferred account like driving down the freeway with a foot on the gas and one on the brake? Doug explains the critical importance of getting those taxes over and done with and allowing your money accumulate tax-free.
- And much, much more…
Start by visiting with a IUL Specialist today.