At least 5 days a week, Doug Andrew posts answers to questions he’s been receiving on his 3 Dimensional Wealth YouTube channel. Among the questions he’s been asked repeatedly, is this one: What to do with extra money in the bank?
One of the first things Doug would ask a person in this situation is whether the money is intended for something 6 months or more down the road. If it is, he recommends getting it out of there sooner than later.
Doug reminds his listeners that a bank or credit union account is a short term vehicle for short range goals. The problem is that money that sits in these accounts isn’t always liquid and it’s not earning anything near a decent rate of return. This means not all of that money is doing you any good by staying there. There are more productive places to put it.
HERE IS A SNAPSHOT OF JUST A FEW OF THE TOPICS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE:
- How important is it to have liquidity, safety, a predictable rate of return and tax-benefits on your savings? Doug explains what his LASER test is and why it works.
- Why does it matter whether you have your money in a short-term type of depository versus a long-term one? Learn the difference between these vehicles and which one makes more sense for a particular situation.
- What makes it so difficult to get a good rate of return on money that you’re keeping in a bank or credit union account? Doug reveals how these institutions use money to make money and what you can learn from them.
- What is the rule of 72 and why is it so important to understand? Doug shares this powerful tool to help you calculate how long it will take your money to double at a particular interest rate.
- How can the way that your money is taxed determine how useful it will be at a future date? Learn the difference between taxed-as-earned, tax-deferred and tax-free accumulation.
- Where can you safely accumulate money without worrying about higher taxes, rising inflation and ongoing market volatility? Learn about Doug’s favorite savings vehicles and how they could work for you.
- And much, much more…
Start by visiting with a IUL Specialist today.
What If You Could Make Your Money Work as Hard as You, Without Additional Risk? Click Here Get Your FREE Copy of The LASER Fund Today….
*Life insurance policies are not investments and, accordingly, should not be purchased as an investment.