Doug Andrew has long had a saying that goes: “Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Never let it rest till good gets better and better gets best.” It’s a perfect way to kick off an episode in which Doug relates his thoughts on the best ways to save for retirement.
Traditional accounts like IRAs and 401(k)s, in Doug’s opinion, are not the best ways to save. They may have been a good way to save but they are both approaching becoming a poor way to save. A Roth IRA or 401(k) would be better but it’s still not the best way to build a nest egg that will see you safely through retirement and beyond. If you’ve never walked yourself through distinguishing between good, better and best, this will be a fun episode.
CHECK OUT THIS PREVIEW OF SOME OF THE SUBJECTS COVERED IN THIS WEEK’S BROADCAST:
- What are the 5 savings alternatives in which most Americans sock away their money? Learn what these alternatives are as well as how they stack up in terms of saving for long term goals like retirement.
- Why is Doug’s book “Last Chance Millionaire” such a must read classic, especially for Boomers? Doug explains how this book can help anyone who has worried about the possibility of outliving their retirement savings.
- What is the Million Dollar Dash and what can it teach you? Discover how Doug likens building up a million dollar savings to running a race around a track and what it takes to “win” the race.
- How do most Americans miss out on a worry-free retirement because of how they choose to save? Doug spells out the difference between taxed-as-earned investments, tax-deferred savings and tax-free accumulation.
- What are the 4 phases of retirement planning and why do they matter? Discover why it’s essential to plan differently at different stages.
- Is it possible to enjoy liquid assets safely earning a predictable rate of return? Doug explains why this is the best possible scenario and how to get there sooner than later.
- And much, much more…
Start by visiting with a IUL Specialist today.